NanoMal is developing a 15 minute diagnostic and drug resistance test.
This test will run on Q-POC™, a handheld device small enough to fit in your pocket. It will have an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) operated by a touchscreen, and the NanoMal malaria test cartridge will contain all the reagents and sensors required to process a fingerprick of blood and provide a molecular diagnosis in 10-15 minutes.
To run a sample-to-result malaria test and drug resistance screening, simply
- Insert a sample into the cartridge
- Insert the cartridge into Q-POC™, the universal handheld reader
- Press “Go” button on the touchscreen
- Results and drug resistance information displayed in 10-15 minutes
The power of DNA analysis in the pocket of your lab coat
- Rapid: Rapid response malaria diagnostics and drug resistance analysis with results in 10-15 minutes, enabling immediate treatment and containment
- Affordable: A handheld lab for the price of a smartphone, with each test costing just $5-20
- Robust: Designed for use in remote or resource scarce settings, with no need for a stable electricity source or clean water
- Mobile: DNA analysis in any setting across the globe, from a remote village in Gabon or a busy hospital in Mumbai
- User-friendly: Intuitive touchscreen display, single button operation and all reagents on-board the disposable test cartridge
- Adaptable: The results you need, from a yes/no answer to a full DNA analysis pathology report
- Connected: Store and share information with a secure mobile data connection, and track the emergence and spread of drug resistance markers in real time with GPS